World Link Inc. is seeking motivated Local Coordinators with a global view to work with international exchange students. Local Coordinators are people that have an interest in the world and in building better understandings through citizen diplomacy. As contractors through World Link, Local Coordinators work part-time, around their schedule.
The duties of a Local Coordinator include:
- Recruit, interview and provide screening documents for potential host families.
- Work with approved host families to match them with a student who has been selected for a highly competitive scholarship through the US State Department.
- Provide contact and be a liaison between the program and the host school, as needed.
- Provide support for the student through regular contact with the student and host family.
- Aid the student in getting involved in school and community activities that meet the program objectives.
Why Become a Local Coordinator?
A Job with Flexibility—Local Coordinators are contractors with a commission paid per student for the required services being completed. You earn extra income by networking in your own community. You determined hours and income upon the number of students you choose to place in your community.
Engage Globally— Learn about other countries by supporting international students you have placed in your community. Engage with your students during expenses-paid meetings and conferences in destination cities through out the US.
Share American Values— Share the ‘real America’ with international students while they share their cultures in your community. Students return to share their American experience with their home communities by becoming cross-cultural ambassadors.
Improve Your Community—While in America, students engage in leadership and service activities that enrich your community and allow them to gain skills to improve their country as program alumni upon returning home.
Aid the View of America Abroad— As a Local Coordinator, you will aid the US State Department in their mission to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries through international exchange programs and thus help breakdown negative stereotypes of Americans abroad.