Thank you for your interest in hosting a World Link exchange student. Hosting a World Link exchange student is a life changing experience for you, your family, and the student. By inviting a foreign exchange student to live in your home and become a member of your family, you become an integral part of the student’s life journey as a global citizen that begins here in the United States. Hosting provides you an opportunity to be a part of the citizen diplomacy initiative from the U.S. Department of State; to improve the image of the United States in parts of the world we often misunderstand here in the USA. While this sounds all very official, the real reason to host is to get to know someone from another culture and allow you to experience other cultures without leaving home.
To Live Local, But Experience Global.
Here are a few reasons to host an exchange student:
- Learn about different cultures and become more globally educated
- Contribute to the improvement of international relations on a personal level
- Gain a family member in another country (that you may want to visit)
- Expose your children to new experiences and broaden their horizons
- Give another person an amazing gift that they will remember for a lifetime
- Share your American culture with others
- Create family memories for you and your host student
- See the world through a different lens
Learn how saying YES to hosting Lida from Armenia through World Link changed the Ryan Family's lives.
Learn about our host families experiences hosting an international student.
Learn about our students experiences while living with a U.S. host family.
Interested in Hosting?
We invite you to look through our Frequently Asked Questions Page to learn about the requirements and responsibilities of becoming a host family and help to answer any questions you may have.
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in becoming a host family or if you have any other questions or comments.
Again- Thank you for your interest in our program.